"Ayur" stands for Ayurveda and "Vidya" means Knowledge.
Ayurvidya came into existence with a single motive of spreading the wealth of knowledge about Ayurvedic concepts throughout the world. Ayurveda is an ancient medical science which originated thousands of years ago in India. The principles of Ayurveda will always be applicable till the existence of life; however it requires evolution to fit in the modern lifestyle.
Understanding the need for updating and making Ayurveda easily accessible to every individual, Ayurvidya has been developed which will provide a common platform for Ayurveda scholars, Young doctors, Yoga Practitioners, Researchers and the Patients.
- Scholars can have quick revision about the diseases and easy explanation about the fundamental and therapeutic principles of Ayurveda. It will also help in building their faith towards Ayurveda.
- Young doctors can also refresh their knowledge and can get easy information about disease by which they can educate their patients.
- Yoga beginners and practitioners can learn yoga and pranayama procedures step wise, alongwith benefits, precautions and contraindications associated with each Yogasana and Pranayama.
- Researchers can use the information for R & D.
- Patients can also get educated about their disease and can become well familiar with Ayurvedic terms and concepts. Patients can also get online free consultation with the doctor regarding their medical condition.
The contents of this website are managed in a very organized manner which makes it easily accessible to every digital consumer. The language has been designed for easy understanding and to make learning fun.
This is a one stop portal for every person who is in quest of Ayurvedic knowledge.
Ayurvedic medical science is like a deep ocean of knowledge which cannot be limited to a small website. However, we have committed to work hard and put all our efforts in order to bring more and more authentic information at your fingertips.
"LET KNOWLEDGE BE YOUR LIGHT"
The author of this website Dr. Anjali Chamoli is a well qualified Ayurvedic doctor. Her qualifications are B.A.M.S, M.D (Ayu.), P.G.D.Y.S.
She has done her Post graduation in Kayachikitsa (Ayurvedic internal medicine) from Rishikul Ayurvedic Government Medical College and Hospital, Uttarakhand, and post graduation diploma in Yoga science from Dev Sanskriti University, Uttarakhand. She is a young and very dynamic doctor, currently working as an assistant professor. She easily gets bonded with her students and patients. During her practice, she noticed that the patients are less aware about the disease that is harming their body and have certain myths and fears regarding Ayurvedic system of medicine. In order to alleviate those myths and provide authentic Ayurvedic concepts to the patients all over the world, she decided to launch a knowledge portal called as "AYURVIDYA".
This website by reaching out to greater mass of population will help in pursuing her dream of serving the humanity and contributing in the field of Ayurveda.
The purpose of Ayurvidya is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider regarding your medical condition or treatment and before undertaking any new health care regimen.